Monday, August 8, 2016

Three Dog Day and Night

8/8/2016

We've now had the puppies for several weeks and are already noticing the difference in them.  They can now jump up, and grab things.  Daisy and Bella have bonded like sisters, which is what we hoped would happen.  They play rough, and sometimes dirty (pulling collars) but when they're worn out, they like to sleep entwined with each other.

Initially, we put two beds in our bathroom and left them inside during the night.  Because they're so young, most of the time when you got up in the morning, there was some (or a lot) of pee and poo.  Three or four nights ago, we started putting them in bed with us.  We figured what's the worse that could happen?  Dogs won't normally do their business where they sleep, so on the first night we crossed our fingers.  

At night because the girls knew where they were headed, it was a three ring circus trying to round them up to go in the bathroom.  Now that they know they're going in our bed, they're almost eager to go to sleep.  I don't know whether we sleep around them, or them around us, but it all seems to work.  Jeff left for work this morning and the puppies got up and followed him downstairs.  After he left, the puppies managed to get back into bed and began making noise around 7:00.  I really don't need an alarm clock!

Today's goal is to: shampoo the upstairs hallway carpet; and, pick up the "recycled" TV Guide from yesterday's bit of fun.  It would be nice though if they would shred paper into big pieces, rather than hundreds of little ones!  

Yesterday, Jeff fixed the gate, which was missing one of the posts.  I know that in several more weeks, there is no way that either puppy is going to be able to fit their head in the hole in the gate; but, it gives me assurance that if I leave the puppies in the backyard, they'll stay in the backyard.

I've finished my breakfast, which I enjoy while reading, so I'd better get my rear in gear.  Have a good day.

P


Image result for cartoon picture of puppy and gate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...