Thursday, August 25, 2016

Birkenstock Sandals

8/25/2016

I bought my first pair of Birkenstock "hippy dippy" sandals just prior to going to Hawaii with Jeff a very long time ago.  When you first put on a new pair, it feels like you're walking with a shoe box on your feet.  And then, with time, the shoe becomes you.  Eventually, you are able to slide into the shoe, which has become as comfy as slippers.

So, over the years I have owned several pairs of the "hippy dippy" sandals and the pair I was wearing until yesterday, were very old.  I took them to a shoe shop and it was going to cost $85.00 to get them up to snuff.  Too much money.  A new pair costs a bit over $100, depending on what style of shoe/sandal you buy.

Then I remembered my special place - Ebay.  Now, I'm not put off with used shoes; but, I know some of you would be.  I don't think anyone has died from wearing used shoes.  I own several pairs of used shoes, all of which came from Ebay.

I found an auction and bought a very gently used pair of my favorite sandals for $30.00.  A steal.  Of course, the shipping was a tad expensive.  But, I rationalized in my mind it was still cheaper than the $85.00 fix it price.

The shoes arrived yesterday and they are perfect.  The seller was right about them being gently used.  The cork sole and the bottom of the shoes are hardly worn.  I opened the box, took the shoes out and put those suckers on immediately.  And then, with only a little hesitation, tossed my old Birkies in the trash.  My old shoes had become loose at the front of the shoe and I had tripped more than once when my feet and the shoe weren't in the right place at the right time!

If you haven't owned a pair of Birkenstocks, they are simply the most comfortable shoe you'll wear; after, a short break-in period.

P

Image result for picture of birkenstock arizona sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...