Friday, August 19, 2016

Chores for Friday

8/19/2016

It's Friday - yeah!  I know you're thinking that every day is Friday for me, and that's true enough; but, Jeff buys tacos for dinner on Fridays.  It would sound better if I wrote "Tuesday Taco", but I don't want tacos in the middle of the week.

Yesterday, the "girls" recycled the TV Guide that I had mistakenly left sitting on a table.  Both of the dogs manage to stretch those little legs and get into all sorts of trouble.  I keep the TV remote on the kitchen table - in the center!  

I will say this though.  The girls are spending more time outside, which is a good thing.  I actually think that Daisy (terrier) is digging in the dirt, because sometimes her nose and front paws are a little dirty when she comes in.

This morning after breakfast, they spent sometime outside and then came in and ran through the house like a Tazmain (however you spell it) devil.  And then they crashed.  Daisy is a trouble maker no doubt, but she is also very loving.  She spends a lot of time sitting in my lap and I love that about her.  Sam was small enough to be a lap dog, but he didn't really want to do that.

We are using training nibbles to get the girls to sit or come when called.  The sit part they seem to understand, but neither one of them comes 100% of the time when called.  One way to fix that is to  put a leash on them and then say the command and start pulling them toward you.  

Bella for one reason or another won't make an attempt to jump into the recliners.  She can jump on the sofa all day, but won't try chairs or the bed.  She is actually getting a bit heavy to just pick up, for me at least.

Today is mop the kitchen floor day - trust me - it really needs mopping!  Change the sheets on the bed and run the vacuum around the carpets picking up the bits and pieces of paper that were distributed yesterday.

I hope you have a wonderful Friday and a good weekend.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...