Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Another Day, Same Old Stuff

8/24/2016

I know a lot of you are sitting at your desk, drinking coffee and watching the clock to hurry forward.  I, on the other hand, am sitting at my desk, without coffee, and dreading the tasks before me.  

Here's the truth about retirement.  You have all the time in the world to do something, and yet because you do, you accomplish little.  I mean it's an exciting day ahead of me.  The kitchen needs to be cleaned up (I'm a very messy cook), there is some poo that also needs to be cleaned up.  And, there is filing to be done in Jeff's office.

Somehow I'm lacking the enthusiasm to tackle my chores.  I could, I suppose, get in my car and head to a store, just so I get out of the house.  But which store and why?  Pretty much anything you want you can get from Amazon while you sit at your desk.

My world is small and at the moment pretty much centered around the girls.  They require near constant supervision.  If I don't watch them, they'll take anything they can get their teeth around.  Yesterday, it was my CPAP mask that attracted their attention and today it was a clock on my table in the den.   I think I should get a bag of some kind that I can put all my things in - like remote controllers, clock and any shoes I'm not currently wearing.  (Insert happy face here).

We, Jeff and I, have ONE more rent payment on September 1st for the empty warehouse we've been paying for since 2013.  I feel after making the last payment, we should go out and celebrate or something.  The lease is the last thing that really ties us to Batteries Delivered.  One the lease is over, I for one, will feel like a large rock has been removed from my back.  So between now and then, Jeff and Scott have to go to the warehouse and remove anything that is still inside.  I don't think there's much, couple of cabinets and perhaps a desk.

I need to sign off.  The girls have been too quiet for too long - this is never a good sign.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...