Saturday, August 27, 2016

Carpet Cleaning Day!

8/27/2016

Sometime today, Stanley Steemer is coming to shampoo the upstairs hall and the stairs.  The combination of a 15 year old incontinent dog, two not quite potty trained puppies and the contractor who was working in our attic, has left the hall a mess.  I have tried with my little green machine shampooer, as well as the big shampooer, with little or no success.  I know that we might still have the odd accident upstairs, but if it's a new accident, not a ground in one, I should be able to take care of it with the tools I have on hand.

And, I just realized that on the 1st of September, which is next week, we will be making our FINAL rent payment on the battery warehouse that we haven't used since 2013.  Hip Hip Hooray.  Jeff and Scott still have to go to the warehouse to take out a few things and the owner has to do a walk through so that we can get our deposit back.  But, Jeff and I will never, at least not in the short term, happier than the day we pay our last month's rent.  It's bad enough that we were taken out of business by the very son, who we started the business for, but he left us with debts and the remainder of the five year lease.  I feel like singing "ding dong, ding dong, the witch is dead" for some reason or other.

Sometimes the people that you set out to help, end up just biting you in the ass, as a reward for all the good that you did.  The battery business was a perfect example of this.  The pain and hurt in how things went down in 2013, which was very bad year for Jeff and I for other reasons, is hard to forget and harder still to forgive.  Okay, got that off my chest.  A lot of stored up angst for Jeff and I.

Amazon dropped off a box of new chewy and fun toys for the girls yesterday.  When they're not sleeping, they need to be entertained - and that does not include chewing up my glasses!  At the moment, they are down for their first nap of the day.  And when they are quiet, they are very, very good.  I remind myself as I clean up another accident, that they won't be puppies forever, it just seems that way.  Daisy the terrier is a digger.  I know this because I've been in the backyard and seen the damage.  Apparently, she's trying to dig to China!  Bella, the labrador mix, is a climber.  She can already get her paws on the edge of the counters.  We've never had this problem with any of the dogs we've previously owned.  But, on the plus side, Daisy is a very loving dog and will sit on my lap when I'm reading or watching television.  Bella is a bit of an aloof dog as well as a bit skittish, but we can't figure out why.

Since Jeff's home this morning, I will go upstairs and get myself showered and dressed while he's around to supervise.  

P

Green Man with Steam Cleaner Carpet Wand Royalty Free Stock Images


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...