Sunday, August 7, 2016

A Quiet Sunday

8/7/2016

It's Sunday and we didn't get to sleep in, because the girls internal alarm clock went off around 7:00.  They don't know that I'm in retirement mode and sleeping in is one of the rewards of not working!

Yesterday, I shampooed the life out of the dining room carpet and it's looking good now.  Today, I'm tackling the upstairs hallway, which has many spots.  Some of the spots are from Sam, who in his old age, found it easier to just tinkle where he stood.  The girls are still learning about the backyard, and I hope they figure it out soon!  As Jeff reminds me, they are both very young puppies (3 months old and 2 months old) and they don't realize they need to go until it's too late!

Jeff's job today is to fix the backyard gate.  One of the pickets has come off the gate which gives Daisy just enough room to wiggle under.  I can't leave them in the backyard unattended, if I know that they can escape.

The a/c work will begin on Wednesday.  I have no idea what they'll do first, but I'm sure there will be some (ya think?) noise as well as reining in the girls to keep them out of the way.  There is some kind of phenomenon that occurs when your a/c breaks down in the summer!  Of course, the furnace could also break down in the winter!

Today is laundry day (blah) and cook dinner so that Jeff has something for his lunch tomorrow.  I've got several new books on my Kindle and if truth be told, I'd rather be sitting in my chair reading, but I've got to get my chores done first.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...