Monday, August 29, 2016

Things like Luck

8/29/2016

I can't believe that in two days time we'll be flipping the calendar over to September.  Kids will be back in school and beaches and pools will be empty.  Where does the time go?

Stanley Steemer came on Saturday to do the stairs and upstairs hall.  They worked super fast and the carpet looks brand new.  In an effort to keep it that way, I've blocked the girls from going upstairs until bedtime.  When the girls are well and truly potty trained, then I'll have the rest of the carpets shampooed.  It just doesn't make sense right now.

Jeff and I talk about luck all the time.  But the majority of our luck seems to be the bad kind.  Our a/c unit dies during the heat of the summer.

Jeff buys lottery tickets all the time.  We have yet to win anything, and we're not greedy.  We don't need millions.  These days we'd settle for hundreds.  Normally, we don't even get one number.  How lucky can a person be?

But this past weekend, we had good luck.  I mean really good luck.  Jeff and Scott were driving to the warehouse in the truck (Blu Ox).  The tire from the car in front of them came off and went flying in their direction.  Because the Ox sits very high, the tire hit the front bumper and mangled it up a bit.  If, they had been driving in let's say Jeff's car, which sits very low, I'm pretty sure that tire would have gone right through the windshield.  So if there was ever a time to have good luck, it was last weekend.

The truck is at the body shop awaiting repairs, which shouldn't take too long.  Once the truck is back and Jeff returns from his trip to Duluth (plane migration event), then there will be just enough time to empty out the warehouse.  By this time next month, Batteries Delivered, will be a thing of the past.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...