Sunday, July 31, 2016

I Missed A Day!

7/31/2016

The end of July already?  Doesn't seem possible somehow.  Stores are already bulging at the seams with back to school everything, and while moms may appreciate this, children don't.

Yesterday the air conditioning man came to the house and spent a lot of time explaining to Jeff what was wrong with our upstairs unit.  Um, everything.  While we don't have the estimate, we already told him to put our house on the schedule.  The cost really doesn't matter, because what we have now isn't working and it's not worth fixing.  Already know without seeing the estimate that a comma is involved.  Now whether that first number is a 2 or 3 remains to be seen.  Pretty sure that removing all the duct work in the attic and replacing it with new ducts and a new unit for the upstairs will cost over a $1,000.  But in the end, it will be worth it, and we have no immediate or even long term plans to sell the house.

I've written about a "paint by number" program from Segmation (www.segmation.com) before.  When Jeff put Windows 10 on my machine, something went hooey and I couldn't open up my painting program for a few days.  Jeff was able to fix the problem and so I'm happily back to "painting" again.  Segmation has a lot of patterns with varying degrees of difficulty.  At the moment, I'm painting mushrooms.  Once you buy the program, the patterns are relatively inexpensive at $5.95 each.  Each pattern, i.e., mushrooms for example, have multiple pictures to paint.  You can always return and clear out the "paint" and do the pattern over again, or if you're like me, buy a brand new pattern.

Today I'll do some laundry and stay inside.  The humidity level is quite high and I hate sweating and/or sticking to leather seats!

Enjoy your day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...