Friday, July 29, 2016

Recipe

7/29/2016

Okay for all you fellas out there, this blog may not be your cup of tea.  But, if you have a wife, girlfriend or mother (obviously), you may want to share this recipe with them.

I cook every night except Friday, when Jeff goes to Taco Bell and buys tacos for dinner.  You would think it would get old, eating the same thing every Friday, but surprisingly it doesn't.  It's my night off you see.

Faced with fixing dinner yesterday, I went to Google and typed in chicken thigh recipes and came up with one that sounded good.  As it turned out, it was good.  Good enough to share.  Easy enough for anyone to make.  Here it is:

1 can of tomato soup
3/4 cup water
3/4 c uncooked rice
chili powder
one can of Rotel tomatoes and chilies (I used the hot version)

Mix all of those things together and put in a baking dish.  Top with chicken.  Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or so.  Finally, at the end of baking, top the chicken with shredded cheese.

I'm always looking for new ways to cook the basic meats: chicken, hamburger and pork.  Both Jeff and I really liked this simple dish and will make it again I'm sure.  The recipe fills a 9x13 pan and I know that Jeff had wonderful 'tovers' (leftovers) for his lunch today.

Here's a vintage recipe card for muffins.





P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...