Saturday, July 2, 2016

The Day After Yesterday!

7/2/2016

You probably noticed my absence yesterday.  As I've written before, some days there is nothing going on in my head - na da - and yesterday was one of those days.

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff and I went to see Benjamin's play of Peter Pan.  Benjamin was John Darling with top hat and umbrella and though we may (are) prejudiced, we thought he did an excellent job.  If there's something that Benjamin was born to do, it's act, sing and dance.  All of the singing and dancing genes definitely didn't come from the Bassett gene pool!

For an afternoon production, there were a lot of people in the audience.  Probably, most, like Jeff, took the afternoon off to enjoy their little ones on stage.  When the play was over, Jeff and I headed to the "Mart" to buy more canned dog food.  Daisy can eat and she likes to be fed multiple times during the day.

When we brought her home on Tuesday, she was afraid of the stairs.  Daisy wouldn't go up or down.  Today, no problem.  Daisy didn't come to us potty trained, but we're making good progress with her.  Since she's so little, her bladder needs to go frequently and she's taking to standing by the front door.  That's my cue.  She quickly goes potty, but then she doesn't want to come back in the house.  

Like all puppies, Daisy will play hard and then just fall over and take a nap.  Wish I could fall asleep as easily as she does.  We have provided Daisy with many dog appropriate toys, but every now and then, she finds something more interesting - like shoes.  Daisy is quickly learning the word "fooey" which is a word we have used for non-acceptable behavior in all our dogs.  As cute as we think she is, I'm not sure Maggie feels the same way.  Daisy is always tugging on her or barking for Maggie to play.

When we put Daisy in our bathroom at night, with her bed and toys, she absolutely doesn't make a peep until morning.  How wonderful is that?

Jeff is going to a wash/wax party at the hangar today.  He and his partners are having a small bbq and then they're going to wash and wax the plane.  As much fun as that sounds, I'm taking a pass.  

Have a wonderful day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...