Monday, July 18, 2016

What Happened to Sunday?

7/18/2016

You may, and I actually hope you did, miss me yesterday.  Yesterday was just one of those days, where the hours go by, but you don't actually accomplish anything!  Yep, that was me on Sunday.  I didn't actually do nothing, I went up and down the stairs a number of times with Daisy and did laundry.  And then I did some reading, which is one of my favorite things to do.  And, of course, there is always television.

Batteries Delivered, now known as a "Pain in Our Ass", is being audited by the IRS for our 2013 return.  We had a company who handled our payroll and taxes, but a letter from the IRS causes a person to quake in their boots.  Nobody wants to hear from them.

I'm having a conference call with that company this afternoon.  What do I want them to do? Ideally, write a check to the IRS for the amount owed.  Jeff and I aren't too bitter about the turn of events in 2013 with regard to the company "BDI" (insert cynical laugh here).  Kenny managed to put us out of business with relative ease and left us owing rent on the warehouse lease, which doesn't end until September 30th of this year!  To say we don't speak is an understatement.


On a more positive and happier note, we have found a young puppy that needs rescuing.  Her name is Bella and she is a mix between a yellow Labrador and a Border Collie.  She is super cute and we are going to see her next Saturday.  I know that you're thinking we're insane to even consider another puppy, but since I'm cleaning up messes now, how much worse could it be?  I'm thinking that Bella might be pretty smart, especially since there is some Border Collie in her genes.  Me and my little "green machine shampooer" are getting a work out at the moment, but puppies do grow up and eventually get the concept of going outside.  In fact this morning, after unfortunately depositing on my carpet, Daisy has gone outside by herself twice.  Baby steps.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...