Friday, July 22, 2016

It's Friday Again

7/22/2016

It's Friday and going to be a hot day here on the home front.  Actually, the next few days are going to be really hot and humid.  The kind of weather where you actually ask yourself the question: "Is this trip really necessary"?

I have already had one trip down to the basement and out into the yard, which was successful on Daisy's part.  She is young and doesn't correlate her need to go to her need to go outside.  That's why the carpet shampooer is sitting in the kitchen!

We pick up Bella tomorrow morning and once we bring her home, then the games will begin.  I'm sure over the next month or so, I'll be questioning my sanity.  I know other people already are!  Once I get the girls successfully using the doggy door, then everything after that, is down to being diligent in watching what they're chewing on or playing with.

My boys are grown and Benjamin is now too big to sit on my lap.  I'm at home 99% of the time, and with the exception of Jeff, don't have anybody to nurture.  My days will be taken up in following the girls around and working on their manners: no jumping, biting (puppies chew on everything) and barking unnecessarily.  Daisy has a very shrill yappy kind of bark that won't win her any accolades when she starts barking in the backyard.

I guess you could say that I'm lonely and doing housework and laundry just isn't that fulfilling.  Sitting down with a cup of coffee in one hand and a puppy draped over the other arm, is pretty close to heaven for me.  Sam was a lovely little dog, but he wasn't one to sit on your lap.  Daisy loves laps and I'm sure that Bella will be the same.  Since they are both young dogs, we can train them, and if they develop bad habits, then it's our fault.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...