Thursday, July 28, 2016

Progress

7/28/2016

Progress is being made in the potty training of the girls.  This morning was the first morning that our bathroom didn't look like it had been hit by weapons of mass destruction!  One of the dogs has taken to doing her business in the shower.  No objections on my part, it's super easy to clean up.

I woke up earlier today and feeding the girls is like feeding sharks.  Such a frenzy.  They have the same food, but they charge back and forth between the bowls.  Once they're finished, they try to get into Maggie's bowl, but she's not having it.

While the girls aren't completely trained, both of them know how to go in and out of the doggy door.  At the moment, they are playing outside and when they come in, they'll each find a corner and crash for their first nap of the day.  Speaking of that first nap, they have each retreated to a different spot in the room and there is a peaceful lull in noise.

Didn't watch all of Tuesday's Democratic convention, but did listen to Bill speak.  I loved his story about meeting Hillary.  I was saddened to see that his hands shook.  I guess it's true, we're all just getting old.

Sears is coming out next week to install yet another part(s) for the microwave.  I appreciate how many times they've been out, but all I want them to do is FIX the problem.  I absolutely really want the small counter top microwave off of my counter.

Today I need to put laundry away (blah), put dishes in the dishwasher (double blah) and pick up all the stuffing from various dog toys in the living room.  When the mess is bad, I remind myself that they don't stay puppies forever AND that they will someday in the near future, be great dogs.  So my mantra is "they'll be great dogs someday"!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...