Thursday, July 14, 2016

Hot and Humid

7/14/2016

Today is a very humid day and even though I have the a/c on, I've made enough trips up and down to the basement for potty training, and am sweating.  Cardio exercise is so much work!

We have found a yellow lab puppy on one of the local rescue sites and sent in our application.  First they have to check with our vet to see if we have done all the right things - shots, etc.  Daisy's care is a no brainer, she was just there last week.  Maggie, on the other hand, appears to need some shots to bring her current.  Jeff can take her tomorrow.  I tried to take her but she's so heavy and hates the car so much, that I wasn't able to keep the appointment.  There are some advantages to having a little dog!

Last year, our downstairs a/c gave us a bunch of trouble.  We had the repair people out to the house multiple times, until they finally told Jeff that the unit was "DOA" and needed replacing.  The new unit is wonderful, but as luck (and we only seem to have the bad kind) would have it, the upstairs a/c isn't working very well.  It's an old unit and one that Sam spent 7 years peeing on the a/c coils, yet another reason why I don't want another male dog.  The repairman is coming out tomorrow but I'm pretty sure what the outcome will be.  How much money do you want to spend on a new unit.  I'm pretty sure that I'll have to put aside my dreams of owning the Hope Diamond for now!

As we near the end of this week, Daisy is beginning to understand the ins and outs of the doggy door.  Mind you, she hasn't yet associated that her bladder is full and that she needs to go to the backyard.  But, we're making progress.

By the way, my new Shark bagless vacuum is wonderful.  Every time I use it, I'm amazed at how much dog hair it picks up.  I suppose my old vacuums picked up the hair as well, but when you see it in the canister, it's mind boggling.  Good purchase.

Have to run.  I haven't seen Her Highness in awhile and I need to check to see what she's chewing on!

P

Image result for picture of outside air conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...