Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday and Still Surviving

7/24/2016

It's hot and humid today.  I know this because I have taken the "girls" out to the backyard several times this morning.  Once they get in the yard, all they want to do is wrestle and save their "p&p" duties for the inside of the house.  

We're letting Daisy sleep in our bed now and she is pretty good.  Bella's first night in the bathroom was filled for a little while with the sounds of an unhappy puppy.  She did eventually wear herself out and the rest of the night was quiet on all fronts.

The girls' favorite sport is to get underneath a chair or table and annoy one another.  Daisy is particularly yappy and after a bit, I get tired of listening to her.  Six months from now, all of this potty training, and chewing should be I hope a distant memory.  Puppies are like babies and toddlers, they are everywhere and they get there in a split second.  Unfortunately, I don't get around nearly as fast as they do.

I have many things on my list to do today, but don't feel like doing any of them.  Laundry, clean the kitchen, shampoo the dining room floor and prepare dinner leaves me exhausted just thinking about these things.

After the girls play rough and tumble for a while, they both seek a corner and take a nap.  And then there is peace.  It doesn't last long, so I can either start a chore or slip into my recliner and close my eyes.  I bet you can't guess which of those two I choose to do!  Nap of course.  It's what I did when I used to get Scott and Andy down for a nap.  I need to be rested and on top of my game when the girls wake up.

Hope it's not too hot or humid where you are.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...