Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July

7/4/2016

Today is all about celebrating the American way: burgers, dogs, picnics and fireworks.  I'm assuming, since we've never gone, but the fireworks on the National Mall look amazing on television.  I know they must be much better and more awe-inspiring in person.

I made macaroni salad and an apple cake yesterday.  We took those out to Andy's house and brought along Daisy.  The town that Andy and Stacey live in had a little parade and we went downtown (a little downtown) to watch.  Most of the participants in the parade throw candy out to children.  Benjamin picked up a number of pieces and was nice enough to share a piece or two with Jeff and I.

Jeff and I started fixing dinner while Andy et al went to the local community center for moon bouncing and other fun stuff.  Dinner was successful.  Some of Andy and Stacey's friends came over for dinner and we ate on the new deck.  The macaroni salad was a hit as was the apple cake.

After dinner, we drove back to town and watched the fireworks.  Daisy slept through all the noise, which is a really good thing.  Poor Sam would shake in his boots during a fireworks display.  Andy built a fire in his fire pit and s'mores were made.  I, once upon a time, loved s'mores but these days, not so much.  I also used to like cotton candy and again now not so much.

Daisy ran around with Gus (Andy's BIG puppy) and wore herself out.  The ride home was very quiet and when we put her in her bed for the night, she was almost asleep before we closed the door.

Today is laundry day and clean up the pieces of paper that Daisy has found and chewed into little bits.  This morning, Jeff took Daisy and Maggie outside while he read the paper.  As I type this, Daisy is already down for her first nap of the day!

Have a special 4th and enjoy the fireworks.

P

Image result for picture of 4th of july

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...