Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Birkenstock Shoes

7/13/2016

If you have never owned a pair of Birkenstock, you should give them a try.  Many years ago, Jeff and I were going to Hawaii for business and pleasure.  At the time, my feet were giving me trouble, but I can't remember why.  What I do remember is the podiatrist telling me to get a pair of Birkenstocks before our vacation.

We went to the shoe store and I bought a pair of unisex sandals called Arizona.  Initially, since I had never worn this kind of shoe before, it felt like I was shuffling around in a shoe box.  My feet hurt and I swore I'd never get used to them.  And then I did.  Once you have broken in your new sandal, over time the shoe conforms to your foot and your foot just slides in and they become your new best friend.

The Arizona sandal is a two strap sandal, and I always think of them as my "hippie dippie" shoes!  They're not what I'd call attractive, but the more you wear them, the better they feel.  Now Birkenstocks don't come cheap and don't be fooled by the knock-off variety.  If you're going to spend the money, then get the real thing.

I have a pair of Arizona sandals that I have worn for years, and they last a long time.  But now the sole is flapping underneath my toes and the cork heel is very thin.  Worth fixing?  You bet.  I have a new pair of Arizona sandals now and I'll be taking my old and worn shoes off to get a make-over.  

P

Image result for picture of birkenstock arizona sandal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...