Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Yesterday in Review

7/12/2016

I didn't write yesterday because I was in pursuit during the morning of catching Daisy so she could go to the vet.  Daisy loves a good game of cat and mouse - I don't.  We were thirty minutes late for our appointment thanks to all the running about.  The vet said she's healthy and now weighs 12 pounds and thinks when Daisy is full grown, she'll be about 30 pounds.  Still a lap dog, but a heavy lap dog!

Yesterday afternoon, I let Daisy out in the front yard to do her business.  Once her business was done, she tore out of the yard and managed to get out of her collar.  Daisy is fast and young, I'm old and slow.  Together we are not mutually compatible .  I brought out the reserves (Maggie) who did a pretty good job of trying to push Daisy in the right direction.  Still even with Maggie's help, it was 30 minutes in the sun running around trying to catch "Her Highness".  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  Daisy is not going to be going out in the front yard again, at least not on my watch.

This morning, Daisy ran around the house like a Tazmain (however you spell it) devil.  Around and around the living room she ran and then, like all puppies, just fell over and went to sleep.  When Daisy is asleep, I know she's not up to something.  When she's awake and I can't see her, then I have to wonder where she is and what she's doing.  Having a puppy is a lot like having a toddler, eyes and ears open all the time.

Just when I thought we were "out of the water" so to speak when it comes to the defunct battery business, something new pops up.  Last night it was one of our drivers who said that the IRS was taking issue with his 2013 W-2.  I'm going to copy the W-2 today and add a letter indicating that the W-2 is accurate.  I'm also going to give them the phone number of the company who handled our payroll and taxes.  Our lease on the warehouse which we left in 2013 ends on September 30th.  I'm hoping that with the end of the lease, Jeff and I will never have to hear the words "Batteries Delivered" again.

For those of you who are Prime members of Amazon, today is their big Prime Member deals.  As a prime member, I'll certainly go and see what's for sale.

P

Prime Day Hero Banner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...