Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The House From a Puppy's Point of View!

7/6/2016

When you have dogs, who have been trained, you forget how much trouble (and yes, it was worth it) it was to get them to their present state.  Puppies, as I'm now reminded, pretty much think that everything in the house is theirs.  Possession being 9/10ths of the law, I can chase Daisy around and around to retrieve a slipper!  On the bright side, this may be a new way to lose weight!

Daisy finds everything wonderful.  She will chew up kleenex, paper towels, envelopes that are within her reach and absolutely anything that falls to the ground.  I will say that Daisy is really well taught in the "fooey" command and will stop what she's doing.  That's progress.  Chewing on the sofa (fooey), chewing on a chair leg, also gets a fooey.  

As I type this morning, Daisy has found a kleenex, from who knows where, and has torn it to shreds.  My job?  Picking up the bits of kleenex - think of it as another form of exercise.  

We have a doggy door and I'm now half dragging Daisy down the basement stairs and then push her through the doggy door.  In time and with the help of Maggie, I know that Daisy will soon get the hang of going through the doggy door.  And, when she does master this little feat, there will be cause for celebration.  If I take Daisy in the front yard, she'll absolutely do her business and then wants to play cat and mouse with me.  I don't care for the game, and it's easier on me to get her in the backyard, which she enjoys very much.

Today, I'm taking Maggie to the vet.  She has a lump/mass/growth thing on her side.  It's probably nothing, but we feel that we should at least get her examined.  Now getting Maggie into the car may take some doing, because she is not a good car traveler.  My plan is to push and pull her into the backseat.  

This is short, I've got to get ready for Maggie's appointment.

P


Image result for picture of puppy chewing up everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...