Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Keeping Up with a Puppy!

7/5/2016

Daisy has been with us for a week now.  Parts of her training is more successful than others.  If we take her out to the yard, she'll potty right away.  That's good right?  It is, but then she wants to run around the yard, into the street and poke her nose into the neighbor's mulch.  While she's having a lot of fun, I'm not.  My new tactic is to send Maggie out with her because Maggie will come when she's called and generally Daisy will follow.  

Like all puppies Daisy chews on everything.  But she has quickly learned our word for no which is "fooey".  Once she hears fooey she will stop her chewing on a chair leg or my shoe and can be redirected to her toys.  

We have had multiple accidents in the house.  All of which are on carpet (ugh).  Yes I use club soda for urine and then a spray carpet cleaner but the spot never really seems to come out.  We have a big carpet shampooer but I wanted something smaller for these dibbles and dribbles Daisy produces.  I found that Bissell makes this little machine called Little Green which is perfect for cleaning spots.  Once Daisy is completely potty trained then it will be time for a full on carpet cleaning, but at the moment that would be just a waste of time.  So, I've bought this little machine and the reviews are really good.  I try and take Daisy out every 30 minutes or so, but I don't always get the time right.  Based on the reviews, you fill one side of the machine with solution and water and the dirty water goes in the other side.  I know this machine won't make potty training easier, but it should leave my carpet cleaner!  I know that the spots on the carpet are more worrisome for me than Jeff.  But, the spots on the carpet do absolutely nothing for my OCD behavior!  See the picture below.  You have to agree that it's a cute machine.

Once you have your puppy/dog potty trained, you forget how much work it actually is to get to the goal line.  It's sort of like teaching your children right from wrong.  In the moment it can be aggravating, but in the long run you'll forget about how hard it was.  Potty training a puppy is just like this, lots of work in the beginning and then suddenly you're not having to push the puppy outside to potty.  

It's warm and muggy today, a sure sign of summer.  I know that during the coldest days of winter, we long for warmer weather.  Okay, the warmer weather is here and we're wishing for a cooler day!  Apparently, we humans are never satisfied.

P
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...