Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tuesday on the Home Front

7/19/2016

It's Tuesday morning and I've already made one run to the basement yelling like a mad woman "outside, outside" to Daisy.  She ran all around the backyard and has come back in the house and fallen over and is asleep.  And, she is an angel when she's asleep.  When she's awake, that's a different story.  She's not bad, she's just a puppy and everything and I do mean everything fascinates her.  We've taken to putting our shoes on top of dressers (I suppose we could use a closet but we don't) and making sure there are no socks on the floor!

If, and I think we're getting closer, to Daisy using the backyard as her bathroom, then the chewing and ripping up newspapers won't be much of an issue.  Puppies are like toddlers - into everything - all the time.

I think today's agenda is calling for me to bring in the room-sized carpet shampooer.  I've used my little machine on spots here and there, and it's done a pretty good job, but now I need to use the artillery!  Once I'm sure that Daisy is house trained, then I'll call in a commercial carpet cleaner to really get the carpets cleaned.

Jeff and I are looking at a puppy that will be available for adoption on Saturday.  She is a Labrador and Border Collie mix and very cute.  I know you will agree that she's cute.  If we get Bella, and I love that name, I will train her to be my service animal.  Daisy is cute, but never going to be big enough to provide me with stability when I stand or walk and my feet don't know which way to go!

Bella - Her Adoption is Pending! 

I made meat loaf and baked potatoes for dinner last night.  Tonight we are having 'tovers', which makes putting dinner on the table super easy.   

Like in a store that says "clean up on aisle three", my bathroom which is where Daisy sleeps is in need of cleaning up this morning.  She managed to get down a trash can, which I thought was out of her reach, and tore up the contents!

Still warm today but later this week, we're going to go from warm to hot.  Ack.  At least the a/c downstairs is working well.  The upstairs unit is in bad shape and the a/c man put in some Freon to keep us cool until a viable solution to put in a new unit can be discussed.  Think a price with a comma!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...