Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sanity, Toilet Paper, New Puppy!

7/21/2016

When you read that we're adopting another new puppy this Saturday, you may indeed question my sanity.  My theory, and you know how well those work out, is that since I'm home with one puppy, I might as well be home with two puppies.  I'll let you know next week how well that theory is working!

You know how some people want their toilet paper to come off from the back of the roll?  Others from the front?  Ours, thanks to Daisy, come off the floor!  Last night she unrolled all the toilet paper in the bathroom.  No easy task to re-roll the paper, so for the moment, you just grab what you need and tear it off.  Up to this point, when we put Daisy in our bathroom at night, she has been very good.  We did have to put the trash can out of reach, but otherwise she was a very good puppy.  And now she's discovered toilet paper and I'm sure during the night this must be something fun to play with.  

On Saturday, we're going to Petco to pick up our new puppy, Bella.  Bella is a young yellow Labrador Retriever and Border Collie Mix.  She's very close in age to Daisy, so perhaps Daisy and Bella will play with each other and leave Maggie alone.  I'm sure Maggie will appreciate being left alone.  I mean who wants a puppy hanging on to your lip?!

Bella will be large enough that I will ultimately try and train her to be a service dog.  I'm a bit wobbly on my feet and my doctor agrees that having a dog to stand against is a good idea.  Ideally, I would also like to teach Bella how to fetch, i.e., take things that have fallen to the floor.

While in my past life, my then husband and I had a German Shepherd who we showed in AKC obedience trials.  I am going to look into puppy training classes in the area, as a refresher.

I'm making some progress with Daisy as far as potty training goes, I have decided to leave my regular carpet shampooer out for the time being.  I can put up with just about anything, once the puppies get the concept of "I need to go" and better yet "I need to go outside"!

Going to be hot this weekend.  Glad the downstairs a/c is new and working well.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...