Monday, November 21, 2016

Short Week

11/21/2016

If I was still working, I would make today logical Wednesday.  I know that sounds silly, it's just the way my mind works.  Jeff is taking the Monday after Thanksgiving off, so he will get five days off which will give him extra time to refresh his batteries.

Jeff and I were undecided about where to eat on Thanksgiving.  Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?  Turns out we decided that we would fix dinner here and fix the dishes that we want to eat.  No waiting for a table at a restaurant, no leftovers to eat, just cook and eat when and what you want.  Perfecto.

One of my favorite things to eat at holiday meals is carrot pineapple salad.  Most people hate it, but it's a staple from my childhood.  Easy to make: orange jello, set up, add shaved carrots and pineapple.  Voila.  Jeff went food shopping yesterday, and though I didn't put these ingredients on my list (because I forgot), he didn't.  What a good guy.

Suffering from a sinus infection which is not making me feel very good.  It should be against the law, or something, to be feeling poorly at holiday time.  We could on Friday join the masses of folks charging through stores.  Most of those people are generally interested in only big ticket items, like televisions.  We already have a big television, as well as comfy recliners for when we want to be "couch potatoes"!  

The only person we really have to buy for is Benjamin.  I have asked him to send me a list, because I'm unsure what he's into right now.  As for the boys, maybe it's time to buy gift certificates, so that they can get what they want.  I hate having to resort to certificates, but as most of you know, men are very hard to buy for.  Girls and women are super easy.  There are so many possibilities, ranging from nail polish to socks, for example.

As for me, I really need nothing.  Wanting something is a different matter altogether.  Jeff and I, like the boys, are really not in need of anything.  Jeff wants a new, higher powered plane.  I'd like to be taller and thinner.  We both know that neither of those things is going to happen, at least not this year!  And probably not next year either - just stating the facts.

The baby (i.e., puppy) gates are working.  I move the gates around during the day depending on where I'm going to be.  If I'm in the living room, then most of that room and all of the kitchen, thanks to Bella, are closed off.  We put a gate at the top of the stairs, to keep them out of the hallway.  This morning I noticed that they have been chewing on the drywall.  Good grief.  With all the chew toys, most of which are bones, to chew on, they still go for drywall.  There must be something missing in their diets, or they just like the taste!  For the moment, I also have a gate at the bottom of the stairs.  All very annoying and some day the girls will have more manners (hoping) and won't have to be excluded from parts of the house.  Because frankly, as much as they hate being "penned" into a room, Jeff and I hate having to keep moving the gates.

Cooler today and the wind is blowing a bit. Perfect weather for this time of year.  All I have to do is remember how long I need to thaw out our bird.  It's been quite awhile since we cooked a turkey and all the trimmings.  But when we go to restaurants for our holiday meal, I feel rather pathetic.  

The girls are up from their first nap, so I will get up and start my day.  There will probably be time for a nap in the afternoon!

Happy "Wednesday".

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...