Monday, November 14, 2016

Things

11/14/2016

It is a spectacular Monday morning.  I would have written that line earlier, but I had to get up early with the girls, that after feeding them, fell asleep in my chair!  There is no such thing as sleeping in, when young tummies want to be fed. 

Yesterday, I did some shampooing on the carpet upstairs.  I didn't finish, so guess I'll have to continue tackling the spots left on the carpet by you know who.  I now have three baby gates, which keeps the puppies confined to a particular place in the house.  Since we didn't crate train, I could have saved myself a lot of work if I had thought about the gates earlier.  One gate is in the kitchen preventing Bella, the food stealer, from snatching things off the counter.  Another one keeps them out of the living and dining rooms and finally, one for the top of the stairs.  

On Sunday, I check out the TV Guide, and program the next week's shows.  I continue to miss one key show on Sunday night.  Sixty minutes is always behind because of some kind of ballgame.  That show being late starts a domino effect for the shows that I record after on that channel.  But, I always forget that there is a show between 60 minutes and Madam Secretary.  Mostly, I forget because my brain can't seem to remember, on a regular basis, that I should record NCIS: Los Angeles, which follows 60 minutes.  Even with repeated instructions, I continue to forget about the television show, that is part of channel 9's line-up.  

We are due to have the house appraised as part of a refinancing loan.  This means that I must tidy up (which is too small a word to adequately explain the condition) the spare rooms upstairs.  Since they aren't used, I have a tendency, and it's not a good one, to dump spare bedding, Benjamin's toy chests, and out of season clothing on top of the bed.  This week I need to tackle room by room and get things more "company ready".  Housework is boring and if I dust on Monday, then the rooms are dusty again by Wednesday.  Or, if you don't disturb anything, then the dust isn't really all that noticeable, at least as far as I'm concerned.  There is no reward for good housekeeping; and, sometimes your work isn't even noticed, or that's what you assume.

Jeff went to the store last night and bought some emergency supplies: lettuce, apples, tomatoes and of course ice cream.  Everybody knows that life is better with a helping or two of ice cream during the week!  I love ice cream, so maybe I should go to a "don't eat ice cream" support group!

The girls have been too quiet for too long.  This is generally not a good sign, so I'll stop writing and check on the status of things.

Happy Monday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...