Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Clothes

11/29/2016

I have noticed a trend (phenomenon?) of women wearing leather/pleather/vinyl pants. Women are thinner and in great shape, look really good wearing these type of pants.  Alas, there are more of us who are either not thin and/or not in great shape.  This type of pants was not designed for us.

I watch Maury and day after day, I watch women parade across the set wearing skin-tight leather pants.  The kind of pants that make me immediately think girdle and also how uncomfy these pants must be.  

You absolutely have the right to wear whatever you want, and I think that's a grand thing.  But, a plus size woman doesn't look very good in said pants.  I'm short and round.  I know my body isn't beautiful by any fashion standards, and I shy away from clothes that are too tight, and blouses that are too low cut.  My "girls" are no longer headed north, so I feel no need to accentuate what I cannot change!  

In my day, and that was a long time ago, I did wear heels and wore matchy-matchy outfits.  And now I don't.  I don't have many social engagements these days, so I own very few "going out" type of clothes.  If the bulk of your day is laundry, dish washing and picking up the bits and pieces of bone residue, who needs to wear a lovely outfit.  Not me certainly.

I think a wonderful invention was the elastic waistband, that makes for a more comfortable pant or skirt.  The waistband won't notice if you've put on a few pounds, since there is an amount of stretch in the elastic.  And, unfortunately I haven't lost enough weight ever to make my pants fall off of me.  But, I can keep wishing!

Mother always told me that a woman should dress appropriately for her age. And there's the rub, what's appropriate?  Appropriate for you might be one thing and yet another for me.  At this point in my life, I want to be comfortable - all of the time.  It's been years, more of them than I can count, when I stopped traffic!  Actually, that's not completely true.  I still stop traffic, but it's no longer because I'm drop dead gorgeous - nope, it's because I tend to walk slowly.

My puppies have worn themselves out with their morning gymnastics, and are sleeping at my feet.  Silence is a beautiful thing.

It's raining here today and the sky is drab gray.  Hope it's sunny where you are.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...