Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Day After the Day After

11/26/2016

By now we have all survived Thanksgiving and some of you brave souls even ventured out on Black Friday.  I don't believe there is anything that I want/need worth standing in line to buy.  Besides, Amazon simply sells everything and super fast shipping.  What more could you ask for?

After having leftovers Thanksgiving evening, I was tasked with finding something to do for dinner last night.  I actually came up with something that really tasted pretty good:

chopped turkey (your choice of how much)
bottles of turkey gravy
peas and carrots
brown rice
chilies (because we like them)
sour cream and finally
onion rings

Stir all of that together, and before you know it you have "Turkey a la King" more or less.  All I know is that it was super tasty.  

Now the question becomes what to do with the turkey today?  Soup perhaps?

While I was at my computer yesterday and paying no attention to the girls, they managed to get hold of the power cord to my vacuum and it now is in pieces.  Yes, I should have noticed the sounds of chewing, but they have so many bones to chew on, I didn't give it a second thought.  Stupid me.  I'm sure that Jeff can fix the cord, but in the meantime no vacuuming for me.  Perhaps that was part of my master plan!

Scott and Andy's computer business sends out cards and calendar magnets each year.  I spent time yesterday picking out a generic card - the kind that won't offend anybody - and a design for the magnets.  That has all be ordered and should be here by the 7th.  Once they are here, stuff the envelopes, attach return labels, seal and get to the post office.

Something else I can mark off my list of things that need doing.  I have bought Christmas cards for me to send.  I don't send out as many as I used to and my handwriting is not very good anymore.  I might consider having Jeff print address labels for me.

Benjamin told us over the phone a few things he wants for Christmas.  One thing he wants is a Furby.  I thought this was a plushy animal, and yes it's that, but more.  The cost of one of these Furbys is quite high.  I think I'll let Santa buy this present.  He wants more Legos and a box of some sort to keep the Legos contained.  I can certainly take care of that.

Stacey and Benjamin are coming over on Wednesday to visit me.  We'll probably see a movie and then he can spend some time playing with the girls.  The City of Gaithersburg has their holiday lights in a local park beginning on the 25th.  Maybe, we could go there on the 30th and check out the displays that I've seen many, many times.  

It's a bit windy outside and I'm not sure it's the best day to pick up leaves.  But by the end of the weekend, regardless of the weather, those darn leaves have to be picked up.  

Time for me to get my heart started, and there's plenty of things I can do around the house to help with that!

Happy Saturday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...