Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Book Club Review

11/16/2016

Last night, our little group of six women, met to discuss our first novel.  Since we are small in numbers, I found it easy to engage in conversations - both about the novel - and then we slid into conversations.

Our hostess provided the drink of choice - wine, together with munchies.  She also had a pineapple upside down cake, which has long been a favorite of mine.

By the time I got home, Jeff and the puppies had already gone to bed.  So, I had the remote all to myself and can watch my seemingly endless assortment of cooking shows.  I also like reality shows, because if you're willing to go on television and make a fool of yourself, I'm more than willing to watch!

Carpet is being cleaned today.  If I had thought about using baby gates from the beginning, my carpets would still be unstained.  What I like about these gates is that the puppies don't challenge them.  They seem perfectly content to stay out of certain rooms, unless they are invited.When I no longer need the gates, those three folds will fold up and be relatively easy to store.  I could, of course, sell the gates, but since they take up so little room, I think I'll just keep them around.  I know that Benjamin (grandson) likes to build large towers made from blocks.  The puppies, of course, would knock those towers down.  Solution?  You guessed it, put gates around his playing area.  Perfect.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  The sun is out and the leaves that are still on the trees are now a nice orange and red.  

In case you're interested, there are only 38 days until Christmas.  My son's computer company sends out company cards with a calendar magnet.  I need to get those things ordered, so that I can put them in the mail long before the mad rush to ship or mail things begin.

My friends would tell you that I'm always trying to think two steps ahead.  Having said that, I have already zeroed in on a few things I'm going to buy for Benjamin.  When he was little, it was so easy to find toys for him, because he loved everything.  Now that he's 8, and a big boy, it's harder to know what toy(s) he's into.  I do know that he's into everything Pokemon and he's tried to explain to me, with no success, what that's all about.

Next week is Thanksgiving, which I find hard to believe.  We're still undecided whether we should go out to eat, the downside of which is no 'tovers'!  Or, fix a small meal at home with a few of our favorite dishes.  I have several good recipes for dessert, but since the boys aren't around to help out with the cleaning of the plate, may opt to buy a small frozen pie instead.  

When the boys were living at home, they could devour anything with the speed of a ninja! I never had to ask them if they wanted more cake, pie, etc., because the answer was always absolutely.  I am a sugar lover, so having dessert in the house isn't good for me.  Jeff, on the other hand, is a salt guy.  We make the perfect couple!

I hope the sun is shining at your house.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...