Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thursday News

11/3/2016

Yesterday, I thawed out what I thought was leftover spaghetti for dinner.  After it thawed, I was surprised when I realized all I actually had was leftover spaghetti sauce from a jar.  But, I didn't discover this until it was too late to do anything about it.  So dinner last night was dismal and definitely not by finest hour.  I basically served Jeff "broke food", and I apologized for doing so.  I think everybody remembers a time in their life when they had to eat broke food, but it's a memory best forgotten.

The neighbor's dog stays in the house most of the time; but, when he does come out to his yard, he has to announce his presence.  He barks to let our dogs know that he is peeing, passing gas or in general that he's the alpha dog in his yard.  Unfortunately, our dogs must respond in kind.  Now mind you that our dogs can and do go out into the backyard and do not feel the need to announce their presence.  When I hear the barking, I rap on the window and the girls come running.  They know they get a treat for coming inside.  I just have to make sure that I don't run out of treats.

Checked out Amazon yesterday.  The daily deals have begun and luckily for Jeff, found nothing that appealed very much to me.  Of course, today brings new deals.  Loooooooooooove Amazon.  You can find just about anything on their website and buying with one click is so easy - probably too easy to tell the truth!

Time change this weekend, which will require some adjusting for the dogs.  At the moment, they spring to life magically between 7 and 7:30.  And, while I'm not really ready to get up, it's pretty hard to keep sleeping with a dog on your head!  When we have to change clocks in the spring and fall, I wish that I could invent some device that would magically set all the clocks in the house.  Oven, wall clock, alarm clocks, etc.  If I could, I'd be a rich girl.

It's a beautiful fall day and so after a bit, I'm going to go outside and do some loop-d-loops around the circle.  When I go for my "walk about", I try to increase the number of circles I do.  And believe me, I'm not setting any records for distance walked.

This time next week, the election madness will be over.  Or perhaps I should say - should be over.  Both Jeff and I can remember exactly where we were when we heard that Kennedy had been assassinated.  I can remember where I was on 9/11 and in the years to come, will remember this election, because of the history it's making.  

Tomorrow's blog will be a bit late.  Off to the dentist first thing in the morning, so I'll type up my blog after I return.  And, if I haven't mentioned it, hate going to the dentist, and going at the crack of dawn (almost) is really awful.

Have a great Thursday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...