Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Late With My Blog

11/1/2016

Happy November everybody.  The year is certainly going by super fast.  Already, the stores are being filled up with all things Christmas.  Thanksgiving - not so much. The girls got me out of bed super early this morning, so after breakfast I sat in my recliner and Bella climbed into my lap and the two of us had a very nice nap.  But it's time I get something done. 

Yesterday, my task was to take an envelope to the post office to be mailed certified to the FAA regarding Jeff's medical status.  Just when I think that I might be able to work in an office again, I get a gentle reminder that those days are gone.  The one thing that I did think of before I went to the post office was to print out the FAA's address because it's quite lengthy and my handwriting is not too good now.

I took the appropriate forms to the clerk and asked for a roll of stamps and to send the envelope certified.  I asked her if I could borrow some tape to secure the green card on the back of the envelope.  She told me that tape was on the counter for sale for $2.50.  Apparently, the post office will no longer use their tape to help you out.  I didn't need any packing tape, but sometimes you do what you have to do, and yesterday was one of those moments.  

I left the post office a bit rattled.  I forgot to use the company credit card for my charges.  Then, she told me how much the roll of stamps was and I paid using our credit card and started to walk away.  She called me back to pay the $12.00 for the certified mail.  By the time I got to my car, I was rather upset that something so apparently simple was a bit of a stretch for me.  Every time I have difficulty and become anxious about handling something that is quite minor, it refreshes my memory that my days in an office are behind me.  I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to handle the stress of a job, since some days I'm barely able to deal with the little bit of stress that I have here at home.

We put the scat mat on the counter last night and this morning I added in its close proximity, a few things that under normal circumstances Bella would have jerked off the counter in a New York minute.  Do you suppose she can "smell" (which is probably not the right word) the electricity?  All I know is that when you see your dog bringing an entire stick of butter into the living room to eat, then Houston we have a problem. At least she's got good taste!

I used my little green shampooer yesterday in the dining room.  Unfortunately, the girls have decided that it's the room to use to do their business.  And, once the scent of recent visits is on the carpet, the girls are drawn to their favorite spots. So I scrubbed the carpet and only have a little bit left to do.  Once I'm done, then I'll call Stanley Steemer out to do their thing.  They can clean and deodorize carpeting, which would probably slow down (here's hoping) the frequent potty stops in the dining room!  So much like when the housekeeper is coming to your house, so you can up first, getting your carpets cleaned is just like that!

It's a gloomy Gus kind of day out.  Long pants definitely.  Our a/c man is supposed to come out this week and hook up the furnace.  We're supposed to have an up turn on temperatures later in the week, but it would be nice to be able to turn on the furnace whenever I want to.

Hope you had a lot of trick 'n treaters last night.  We actually forgot to turn our porch light on and since we live on a hill, most children don't think it's worth the effort to come up the hill for just a few houses.  So now I have candy left.  I think to be safe I'll bag it up and put it in the freezer.  It'll be less tempting that way.

P




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...