Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sleeping In

11/27/2016

This morning, when the puppies began to do their climb over and on top of my head, I told Jeff it was his turn to take care of them.  Thankfully, he did just that.  Once they have been fed, that takes some of the "fight" out of them, as far as human interaction is concerned.  They do some "sparring" for a bit, before the first nap of the day commences.

The fireplace is on, which makes the den a very desirable place to be.  There are three dog beds in front of the fireplace, so every dog can huddle near the warmth.  I absolutely love our gas fireplace.  True, that it doesn't smell like a wood burning fireplace, but I'm okay with that. I don't miss for a minute, the stacking and bringing in firewood.  Sparks flying out on the carpet, and ashes to be dumped.  All I have to do now is push a button and voila there is fire.  And, our fireplace is not there for show.  It actually has a blower that does produce a nice bit of heat, enough so that after a few hours, it's either turn the fireplace off, or open the windows!

I have as usual, programmed the television shows for the week, making sure that Sunday night television shows record for extra time.  You have to do this because of a football game.  It's just my opinion, and it counts for nothing, but I'd like to see a channel devoted to just sports.  Think how many men would love a devoted channel.

Jeff has tomorrow off and we are running out of things to talk about.  After so many years together, there are very few new things to talk about.  Our individual histories have been told, sometimes more than once.  When Jeff comes home from work, he does have something to talk about, although most of the time I don't understand everything he says.  As for me, my days are spent monitoring the girls, thinking about and fixing dinner, mindless stuff like that.

Stacey and Benjamin are coming to visit on Wednesday.  We will likely go see a movie, where we will indulge ourselves in buttered popcorn and coke.  And, if we're feeling really naughty, perhaps some Milk Duds too!

The city's winter light festival starts this week.  Perhaps we could take Benjamin to see the lights and if it's not too cold, take the convertible and feel closer to each display.  Just a thought.

It's that time of the year when every sappy Hallmark-type movie starts.  I personally love these movies, but know that Jeff finds them too syrupy, so I watch them when he's not around.  He doesn't enjoy all of my cooking shows either, so I watch them during the day - between chores of course!

Have a wonderful Sunday. By the way, 27 days until Christmas - just saying!

P

Image result for how many days until christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...