Saturday, November 19, 2016

Starting My Day

11/19/2016

I'm a creature of habit.  Aren't we all?  My days begin and end in pretty much the same way all the time.  Some people would call it a rut, and I'm okay with that.  I'm happy in my well developed rut, and see no reason to change.

Mornings begin with the usual puppy frenzy.  Getting them out of the bedroom, down the stairs, feeding them and then shooing them out to the backyard.  Before they come back in, I cook my bagel and get some coffee.  

I eventually let the puppies in and with the new gates can control how much of my living room I want them to be in.  Turns out not too much.  I stretch the gate from the sofa to the buffet, and that gives them a bit of play area.  There is no way that I'm going to give them access to my super clean carpets until they are completely potty trained.  Who knows when that will be.

Normally, after eating the preferred breakfast of people in a rut, I sit back in my chair and do some reading.  Usually, one or sometimes both puppies end up in my lap.  This is getting too be a bit of a stretch, since Bella is bigger and moving rocks would be easier.

Come into my "office", turn on my "SAD" light and wake up my computer.  I check emails and Facebook postings.  I seldom post anything, probably because I just don't have anything all that interesting to say and/or share.

On my way to my office (few steps only), I maneuver carefully over the collection of antlers and bones that the girls have strewn everywhere.  Sometimes the floor looks like a burial ground!  And oh by the way, you don't want to step on any of these bones.  If you do, it's a recipe for disaster - i.e., falling down.

Then I blog.  I try not to miss a day but according to Jeff, I did miss one day this past week.  Apologies.  By the time I'm blogging, the girls have worn themselves out from barking at who knows what and doing some sisterly fighting.  As I type, both puppies are asleep and to keep them from barking and waking up the world, I have closed the basement door.

Lastly, I will log on to jigsaw world and do a puzzle or two.  Trying to keep my brain active.  Since my body doesn't always work so well, it only seems fair that I should try and keep my thinking cap alive.

It's a glorious day so far, but apparently we are due for much colder weather by the first of the week.  Time to put away those summer clothes and replace them with warmer attire.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...