Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Nothing Day

11/10/2016

Thursday is a nothing day.  Wednesday is recycling day and Friday is trash day.  And Thursday has nothing.  With the exception of Thanksgiving, there are no more Thursday days off this year.  Jeff has tomorrow off (Veterans Day), so today will be "logical Friday" (my term) for him.  

Amazon has just delivered another box of new chew items and so, for the moment, the house is quiet with the exception of gnawing.  After the puppies get up in the morning, they have so much energy, they tend to run from one room to another and bickering like the sisters they believe they are.

Our furnace was set up by the a/c man yesterday.  It's not near cold enough to run the heat, but it's nice to know that when we (probably I) want the house warmer, I can do so.  Jeff has already tried out the gas fireplace to make sure that the fireplace still works after it's summer hibernation.  Luckily, it does.

The girls got me up at 6:00 this morning.  Even though they get an afternoon meal, their tummy alarms go off, but 6:00 is ridiculously too early.  Having a nap later today is a definite possibility.

It rained yesterday so all the fallen leaves are stuck on the driveway and sidewalk.  In some ways tis makes them easier to pick up, since they don't blow away when you're doing the "scoop and toss" exercise, into those bags that don't stand up on their own, until they're half-full of leaves.

New Netflix series "The Crown" is about Queen Elizabeth as a young woman, who becomes queen after her father passes away.  If you're interested in British history as much as I am, the show is worth watching.  

I read on line that there is a possibility that the full retirement age for people born after 1960 is going to be 68.  Since Jeff and I were born waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before that, our full retirement age is 66.  Jeff is still working and for every year he delays starting his Social Security benefits, means more income when he does apply.  I was forced to start my Social Security after being on disability in 2013.  Luckily, since I worked many years, my monthly benefit isn't too bad.  Of course, if that benefit was my only source of income, it wouldn't be enough to survive on.

 It's open enrollment for us "oldies" again, and you must carefully consider your options, because what you enroll in now, is pretty much going to be your plan for 2017 unless your status (employed vs. unemployed, etc.) changes.

My status hasn't and likely won't ever change.  My working days are behind me, so I devote my time, and sometimes even my energy into running the house!  What this really means is that I walk around with the puppies all day telling them "fooey" (our word for no) over and over again.  

I am also teaching them to not jump on us by giving the command off, which so far (fingers crossed) is working pretty well.  As they tear through the house every day and the pile of discarded, but still chewable, bits and pieces continues to grow, I know that this overwhelming need to chew will ease up as they get older.  This makes me happy, but Amazon will likely be sorry to lose the revenue stream they are getting as I order more and more chew things!

Have a great Thursday.

P

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...