Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sunday, Sunday

11/13/2016

Even though it's a weekend, the puppies eternal alarm clocks still go off at 7:00!  So much for sleeping in.  Of course, there's always time for a nap (insert smile here)!

Yesterday, Jeff took on the onerous task of blowing the leaves into piles.  This week coming up, the HOA, who does very little for us, in our opinion, will have someone come by and suck up all the leaves.  Yipee.  Of course, if a big wind comes along, then we may find ourselves back doing leaf damage control.  

This morning I woke up and there was definitely a nip in the air.  Hence, it was time to move into my  winter robe.  And yes, I'm sure before long, I'll be hollering how cold it is in the house.  It seems we are never satisfied.  In the summer, we would welcome an ice cold tile floor - this time of year - not so much.

Another baby gate has arrived and we can now effectively block the puppies from two sets of rooms.  Why I didn't think of this easy solution when we first brought them home, I haven't a clue.  Here's what I do know.  If we had had the gates initially, I wouldn't have spent hours trying to clean the carpets and money on Stanley Steemer!  

Yesterday, I asked Jeff to help me put the "Joy" mop head back on the mop.  I figured that my inability to do it, is based on historical data, that shows if there are three pieces to put together, I can't put anything together.  I know that sounds like an overstatement, but I'm not exaggerating by much, I can assure you.

The tension baby gate that I bought has four rubber thingies that you tighten against a wall.  I was only able to get two of those thingies attached to the wall.  Luckily, the gate has held up and thankfully the puppies haven't yet challenged a gate.  And, I'm hoping that by the time they do, they'll have reached a more mature age, where they can control both their bodily functions, as well as inappropriate chewing.

I'm sure I'm on some sort of secret Amazon best customer list, because I receive several packages a week.  Those packages, of course, hold a wide assortment of bones and chewy things.  Hooves filled with peanut butter is a big hit with the puppies, and me as well.  Chewy things can be consumed in mere minutes and then they stare at me, with a "what's next" look.  At least, with the hooves, it takes them considerably more time before they become bored or gotten all the goodie out!

The puppies may have been rescue dogs, with a price tag greatly reduced from buying an AKC dog from a breeder; but, I can assure you that the money spent on them so far in toys, bones, etc., probably has a comma in there somewhere.  They are approaching six months, and I'm hoping that the need for near constant chewing will lessen.  At the moment, the house greatly resembles a graveyard.  There is that many bones and hooves on the floor.  In fact, I tripped over a bone last week and did a less than graceful dive down to the floor.  

Jeff enjoyed having Friday off and the extra day off is good for him.  I have encouraged him to take an extra day before or after Thanksgiving and Christmas.  He has to get up so early each morning, make the long commute, work and then do a longer commute home due to traffic.

I already know what I'm fixing for dinner, and that's half the battle.  I am forever trying to come up with something original to make from either: chicken, pork chops, hamburger and fish.  Ack, I'm tired of cooking the same old dishes.  But Jeff never complains and is happy that I always fix enough for dinner, so there are leftovers for his lunch the next day.

Today, after I get some, not all mind you, chores done, then it's time for me to turn my attention to the television.  I have to make sure that there are no conflicts with our favorite shows.  Happily, most shows these days, have many time as well as day options, so that you, I mean I, can move things around.  I love all the cooking shows, but they have take a lower priority over the shows that Jeff really likes: Shameless, Masters of Sex, Soul Survivor, etc.

Wrapping up now.  I need to switch out of my bathrobe and into clothing that will keep me appropriately warm enough for today.

Have a great and pleasant Sunday.

P

Although this isn't our particular leaf pile, it's very similar to what we have out on the curb!
 
Image result for pictures of piles of leaves


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...