Wednesday, June 13, 2018

A Wonderful Day

6/13/2018

Yesterday morning, I met Wendy at the nail salon, where I go occasionally for pampering.  There are, other things, but a routine pedicure is a particularly lovely way to spend some time.

Since I really can't reach my toes, I always opt for a very light pink polish, that isn't noticeable when it starts to wear off.  Practical, but boring.

Wendy went for a bright color, but frankly can't remember, which isn't too surprising, what color she picked for her toes.

I decided as long as we were there, we should have manicures as well.  Again, ever practical, I went with a darker pink, but still pink.

We sat at the drying table, and spent time drying and talking.  We decided to "do lunch", so I drove us over to a favorite restaurant.  We both had taco bowls, and chips of course.  I ordered, because I'm a sucker for tres leches, a piece to go.  Did I need it, nope, did I want it?  Yup.  Again, there was no lull in conversation, and neither of us were struggling to find things to talk about.  The easy comfort of being with Wendy, and Stacey as well, is not what I enjoyed with my mother-in-law.  Luckily, for me, she lived in California, so she only visited us a few times.


I drove Wendy back to her car and came home.  Bella had been left on her own, and I had, as usual, left two pair of shoes near my chair.  They were untouched.  I believe that we can now trust Bella a bit more - as long as there's no paper products available!

Today, the landscape salesman, or whatever his title is, is coming out to look at the backyard.  The yard is green, but you can see that there are many weeds intertwined with the grass.  But, I guess, green is green.  Now, what we're going to do with the area that wasn't fenced off, I have no idea.

Our neighbor has approached Jeff about replacing our piece of a mutual fence.  It still amazes me, that when I look around, everything at the house is now 32 years old. The fence is showing signs of age, as we all are, and replacing that portion, makes sense.  When Daisy was young, she was able to jump the fence into our neighbor's yard.  Daisy is now older and heavier, so jumping over a fence is probably not possible for her now.  And, that's a good thing.  We're from California, where everybody has a fence, and most of them are six feet tall.

Ada comes today, and while I don't actually clean the house, I do some tidying.  I know I'm not alone in doing this.  It's a woman thing, and men simply don't understand.  And, in the big picture, they don't have to.

I'm off to get myself ready, as well as the house!

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...