Friday, June 22, 2018

So Many Books, So Little Time!

6/22/2018

During my breakfast this morning, and I must confess for some after, I did some reading.  They should have a t-shirt that says "So Many Books, So Little Time".  Oh wait, they do have that kind of shirt - I just don't happen to own one.

The books remaining in the box that I filled earlier in the week, are all unfortunately not large print books.  But, each of the books seemed interesting enough for me to buy them anyway. Before I buy a book, electronic or otherwise, I have to read the first page or two.  If, during that minimal amount of time, the book's story doesn't grab me, I put it back.

The challenge this morning was, which book to take out of the box to read.  The books I picked out, are all, for the most part, what you would call ladies fiction.  You know the type, heroine, hero, and finally a happy ending.  For years I was all about reading crime books, filled with blood and gore.  That phase, thank goodness, is gone.

I can read books with a smaller font.  I just have to use a magnifying glass.  And, I have more than a few magnifying glasses.  So, I picked out a Nicholas Spark book to read this morning. The problem is, that once I get into a book, then everything that needs or should be done, literally flies out the window!  This is the same problem that I had as a teenager - just let me read just ONE more page - not!!

My body is sore today, but my brain is racing overtime, because I can't believe what happened to my car yesterday.  I know, it's just a car and Jeff tells me that what's done is done.  And, I know he's right, but I have a beautiful car, and now she's damaged.  I don't believe that once the car is fixed, that I'll just be able to get, and drive somewhere.  But, before I crashed my car, I went out and enjoyed my few outings.

We're having another gloomy Gus kind of day.  It looks like it might rain later, which causes both our grass as well as our WEEDS to grow!  Jeff has been using Round-Up around the fence line, but may have to do a second round.

Happy Friday everybody.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...