Sunday, June 24, 2018

Sunday Again

6/24/2018

Today is a very hot day.  You know the kind, where a/c in the house and car are definitely a must.  Most of the time, Jeff drives with the top down.  His exception is, when it's super hot, and Bella's in the backseat.  

I suspect that Jeff will go out to Andrew's house and do some mowing.  We've had so much rain, that the grass and weeds are jumping out of the ground.  He'll take Bella, because she likes to run and run and Andrew has a very large backyard.

Yesterday, Scott and Wendy came by for a quick visit.  I think, and I could be wrong (and I am a lot of the time), that they dropped Wendy's car off with our mechanic for maintenance. We've been going to Bill for at least 30 years.  And, if he tells you that you need something, then you NEED that something!

I sent Wendy our tried and true recipe for making ice cream.  But, when I wrote down the directions, I said add 4 cups.  What, I didn't write down was what ingredient made up those 4 cups.  I've fixed that now.

My mother always suffered from both real and not so real aliments.  As an adult, I didn't want to become her.  I didn't want to have some condition or other that I whined about.  But, in July, I am seeing several doctors for real issues. Having to go to several doctors, makes me sad.  I know the acorn doesn't fall very far from the tree.  And, I do not want to repeat history, but at the moment, I am.  My goal for this summer is to get a second opinion about my hip, have surgery on my right eye, and some needed dental work.  Ugh.  Not my idea of how to spend my days.  

Jeff is getting ready to leave, so I'm closing up, so that I can ride along.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...