Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Dinner and Stuff

6/12/2018

Sunday night, Jeff and I, with the girls, went to Scott's house for dinner.  We had ribs, coleslaw, beans and macaroni salad.  Jeff made the macaroni salad, and it was as always, delicious.

Since our girls, and their girls have met before, there was a bit less posturing, on both sides.  Unfortunately, just steps in the house, and Daisy peed on the floor.  She is an anxious dog, and when she's not comfortable, she loses control of her bladder.

We had good conversations while we ate, and then like in "olden" times, Wendy and I went to the den.  Jeff and Scott stayed at the table, talking "man" stuff.  Both groups were happy, at least I think they were.

This morning, I am meeting Wendy at a nail salon so we can get pedicures.  While I love the way my feet and look after a pedicure, my getting one is now also a necessity.  (Do you think Jeff will buy that?  I haven't been able to reach my toes, or at least reach them enough to polish etc.  What I like about this particular salon, is that there is no "up" selling of additional procedures.  If, I wanted my nails polished, I would have asked for that when I booked the appointment. Who knows, maybe we'll do "lunch" after! 
 
At 5:00 this morning, while awake, I thought of something I can do today that won't require much standing on my part.  I'm going to empty out the two junk drawers (I can hear you ladies screaming from here, and see what's been lurking at the back.  I'll make piles: keep, toss, or in the case of old glasses, perhaps donate those at the eyeglass store.  Of course, I could always keep the frames and just, in the case of my glasses, get rid of the lenses.

Gotta run - power my nose - and most importantly, get the house Bella proof!

P

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...