Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Designers

6/6/2018

We live in a world of needing and/or wanting designer things.  The word designer can mean many things: clothes, shoes, purses, furnishings, etc.  Pretty much anything you can think of has one or two elements: (a) the cheaper stuff; and, (b) the more expensive but the "real" thing.

I'm not much of a designer kind of lady.  Would I be if I had scads of money?  Um, probably yes.  But, since I no longer work, and for the most part, all of my shopping now entails mostly at WalMart.

I do own, and have owned Coach purses.  They are, at the least those that I own, are sturdy and well made.  The problem with the purses that I own, is they are very heavy, even when empty, and currently seldom use them.  I now opt for cheaper purses, and am currently using a red one with a whole lot of pockets.  I have a red Coach bag, but it sits on the top shelf of my closet.

I don't own any, nor do I want any, of those red soled shoes that are so fashionable, and look so uncomfortable.  Years ago, I gave away all of my heels, and truthfully there weren't that many left.  Any of my "dressier" shoes are low to the ground, sturdy and easy on my feet.  When I was a teenager, I owned heels and, if I say so myself, looked pretty damn good in them.  But that was then, and this is now.  I'm pretty sure given how long it's been since I owned any heels, that I would bobble and weave as much now, as I did trying on my first pair!

Designer Kate Spade died yesterday.  So, if you own any of her things, they are obviously worth more today, than they were yesterday.  And, if you want to buy a Kate Spade purse for example, expect to pay more.  

I went to Ebay and searched for her purses, and they are all lovely.  I can't tell if the prices have increased or not, since I've never owned any, but I suspect they will eventually.  You know, as well as I do, that anything unattainable, is worth more.  Simply, supply and demand.

For me personally, while I find her purses to be very pretty, I guess at this stage in the game, I'd rather have multiple "cheap" purses, than the real thing.

These little designer limited edition, wicker straw animal bags, are being sold on Ebay for $299.00 to $479.00!  To me that seems like a lot of money for such a little bag.
 NWT Kate Spade Limited Edition Wicker Straw Animal Handbag Bag Purse

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...