Tuesday, June 26, 2018

It's Just Tuesday

6/26/2018

The most exciting thing about Tuesdays is that is garbage pick-up day.  Please don't swoon over knowing this, because I know you're feeling overwhelmed with what I am sharing!!

Because it's "relatively" cool, I will take my rollator and do a few loops around the circle.  I have weeds growing near the mailbox, and I would really like to pull them out.  But, getting down to the weeds level, is not a good idea for me.  At least the weeds are green.  Next time Jeff grabs up the Round Up, I'll have him put a few sprays on the weeds.

Yesterday, I made carrot and pineapple salad.  This has long been a favorite of mine for many years.  I remember the first time I made it oh back in 1968, for a family dinner.  I forgot to put in carrots!  At least my relatives were kind while they ate orange jello and pineapple.  I assure you that I never made that mistake again.

Just browsed through my "Southern Living" magazine.  Oh, so many beautiful 4th of July recipes inside.  I'll have to remember to take this issue with me to Scott's house on the 4th.  By then it will be too late to make one of this fabulous desserts, but there's always next year.

Also yesterday, I de-stemmed ( guess that's not really a word) grapes.  Once the grapes are all on their own then I rinse them off.  After that, into the fridge they go - a perfectly healthy go to snack.

Jeff is hard at work, because I can hear him talking on the telephone. We put two dog beds in his office, and the dogs stay upstairs with him most of the day.

Later this week, the temperatures will be high.  A good time to stay inside.  Our house is kept completely cool, but I put a towel in my recliner so that I don't "stick" to the leather.  In my car, I have a small sheepskin rug (I guess you could call it that) on the passenger seat.  

Stay cool where you are, and I'll do the same.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...