Friday, June 29, 2018

The Loss of an "old" Friend

6/29/2018

There's no need for a sympathy card, because the old friend in question is a bathrobe.  

Since I was a teenager, and that was way loooooooong ago, I have had a love affair with all things chenille.  We currently have a chenille bedspread, and up until the last few days, I had a chenille bathrobe. Actually, I still have that bathrobe, but it, like it's owner, is beginning to show signs of wear.  My body is, more or less, fixable, the bathrobe not so much.

I don't know when I originally purchased the robe, but I know for certain that I've had it since 2013. While I was hospitalized, my robe ended up in the laundry, don't ask me why.  Jeff went to extraordinary lengths to run by bathroom down.  He was successful.  Besides being chenille, it has snaps on the front, which I prefer over buttons or a zipper.

Once my new robe arrives, and I decided on a different color, I will take my old robe, and put it on the sofa for the dogs.

If you know me well, then you also know that I put some level of love on inanimate things.  My favorite perfume, lipstick, and body powder, just to name a few.  I guess you could say that my theory is - if it ain't broke, don't fix it! 

Unfortunately time marches on and manufacturers don't have the same devotion to their products as I do.  My perfume, Chloe, now considered old Chloe, since they no longer make that particular fragrance, has meant that I buy all bottles of old Chloe on Ebay.  I have a line of them in our spare room.  Some of the bottles have no tops, others only have a smidge left in the bottle.  Doesn't matter, if the price is right, I buy everything I can. What will happen to me when I can no longer find old Chloe?  I know I should be thinking about a replacement fragrance, but it seems like everything I've ever tried in a store, seems heavy and just not right for me.




My Mother had a devotion to Daniel Green slip on slippers.  She wouldn't consider wearing anything else.  The best we could do as a gift for her, when it came to slippers, was to buy the same style, just a different color! And, that my friends, was boring, at least to me, and way too predictable. 

So there you have it.  Letting go of something that I love, is difficult, but I will adjust.

P

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...