Saturday, June 16, 2018

Saturday

6/16/2018

It's the day before Father's Day, so there is likely a mad scramble at the store to buy socks and/or ties.  Those two items are and always has been, a "go to" gift for Dad. Sons might buy some kind of tool, but most women would be lost in the tool department. 

Andrew, has invited Jeff and I for dinner tomorrow night.  Jeff and I hadn't made plans for tomorrow. Normally, Sunday nights are pizza nights.  I'm making my pistachio dessert.  I suppose I could make potato salad as well.

Jeff is out and about today.  He's taking the truck to go somewhere to buy batteries for the golf cart.  After that, he's driving up to the hangar to, I guess, put the new batteries in.  And, then I think, he's driving back down to take the truck back to Scott's house, and pick up his car.  I may have left out a step(s), but you get the idea.

I'll try and do 4 laps around the circle today.  Yesterday, I did 3.  Not exactly setting a world record, but I have to start somewhere.  I would venture off the street, but we live at the top of the hill, and I'm pretty sure walking back to the house might be too much for me.  Baby steps.

Because I'm easily confused about what's going on in the house, I've made myself a little list of things I don't need to worry about.  The list is pretty short right now, but I'm taping the list to my office door, so that I don't bug Jeff incessantly.  Replacing one side of our fence - done.  More work to be done in the backyard - done.  These things are not actually done yet, but I know that (a) I don't need to fret about them; and (b) I'll stop asking Jeff the same questions over and over again.  It's tough not being able to remember things that are told to me.  

Signing off now.  I tell myself that I must be showered and dressed before noon.  And, I've got 30 minutes to get that done.

P



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...