Thursday, June 28, 2018

Shoes and Walking

6/28/2018

Just by the subject of today's blog, I can already "see" my male follower's eyes roll back into their heads.  And, that's okay.  I'd write a more manly blog, if I knew anything about tools, cars, etc.  But, since I don't, the men will just have to bear with me.

There was a time, long ago, when I actually wore shoes.  That being said, I always wore shoes, but at that time, I wore going to work shoes, and going out to an event shoes.

When we lived in California, where the temperatures range from hot summer to warm winter.  Most people there can and do sometimes wear shorts and sandals year round.  Here, on the east coast, we actually do have real winters, and wearing sandals isn't an option, unless you're having a pedicure!

I used to wear straw flip flops with a velvet strap on the sides and between my big toe.  These types of "sandals: don't have a long life.  Generally, the piece of fabric between your toes, comes out and then, because they are so cheap, end up in the trash.  When we moved to Maryland, I couldn't remember what the name of that flip flop was. I had to make a substitution.  I could find flip flops of course, and own several pairs, but what I wanted was straw flip flops.  Enter Amazon, and I found the flip flops I wanted - hurrah.  I also found socks for wearing with the flip flops.  I ordered a pair of these.  I notice that in the summer time, even when it's warm/hot outside, and the a/c is keeping us cool inside, my toes invariably get cold.  Hence, the wearing of socks almost year round.

I doubt that the flip flops I bought are any better than the throw away kind I wore in California.  And, I'm okay with that.  So far this summer, I have stuck to my Birkenstock slides.  I think the reason I haven't worn any other kind of shoe, is my inability to always remain upright!  

So there you have it.  My shoe choice for summer. 


PImage result for picture of straw sandals

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...