Sunday, June 3, 2018

Rain, Rain, Go Away

6/4/2018

Today, is a turn on my "SAD" light.  It's raining outside for the umpteenth time.  Web footed critters are loving all this rain.  We humans, are not!  It's very hard, at least for me, to remain upbeat, when it's so darn gosh bleak outside.

Scott came last night, to pick up some computer stuff that he had ordered.  Jeff had cooked steak, so Scott had dinner with us.  Before he left, I asked him if he wanted some yogerty (made up word) pie.  He stayed and had two pieces.  It's always nice to see him, even when his visits are short.

As per my usual routine, and nobody could call it a rut (insert large smiley face here), I have programmed this week's television.  As summer draws ever so near, our favorite shows will go on hiatus.  This means, of course, that Jeff and I might have to actually to talk to one another.  Horrors.

I bought myself a really cute unicorn t-shirt.  The shirt has arrived, and it's cute, but it's a good four inches too long.  I don't like shirts that come down and "hug" my bottom.  Nobody, wants to see that I can assure you.  Not even especially myself!

Tomorrow, I get to do battle with the company that supplies Jeff and I with CPAP accessories.  They have now sent 3 water chambers that don't go with either of our machines. When I called, they told me to just keep them.  I'll get a supervisor tomorrow, because I don't want them billing Medicare for useless parts.  Wish me luck.

Lucky for me that Jeff has taken over the cooking.  With the use of a chair, I can load and reload the dishwasher.  And, that's basically how useful I am these days.  Or, as I like to think of it, I'm a "flea on a dog's back"!!  My ability to stand upright is measured in seconds, not minutes.

Next week, two hopefully good things are going to happen for me.  First, I'm getting a shot with numbing medicine and cortisone (or something like that) in my hip.  I've done this before, and it's a bit on the painful side.  Second, I am going for my last post-op check-up for my left eye.  If everything is okay, then I can schedule surgery on my right eye. After the right eye has healed, then I have a regular eye exam to see if I still need glasses.  Currently, I'm running around without them.  Just think, if my new glasses don't have coke bottle prisms, then it's possible I could get new frames.  New frames is important to women, not men.  That Venus and Mars thing.  Maybe, I would be daring, and try on purple frames!!  That would be clearly out of my comfort zone.

Happy Sunday everybody.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...