Monday, June 18, 2018

Post Father's Day

6/18/2018

Yesterday, we spent our afternoon at Andrew's house.  Because their realtor was showing their house, between our two cars, loaded up 5 dogs to go to a dog park.  The dog park, interestingly enough, didn't have a water source for the dogs.  Jeff, went off to a local store to buy water and bowls.

It was so hot, that the dogs, once wrangled out of the cars, was quite an experience.  Luckily, nobody else came into the large dog area.  Just as we were leaving, a woman went into the small dog area, and there was leash correction as well as oral commands.  

It was very nice to have Scott and Wendy join us for dinner.  There was burgers, sausage, quiche (which was really good) and corn, and my dessert.  
Other than the dessert, and the "pleasure" of my company, I pretty much stayed out of the kitchen.  Actually, in fact I didn't pretty much stay away, I just stayed away.  

It was wonderful for both Jeff and I to have both boys together.  Um, pretty sure boys no longer describes them.  They are now men, but I guess in my book, they'll always be boys.

In the evening when things cooled off, we went out and sat on Andrew's deck.  Sadly, we haven't got much of a backyard, we opted for a larger front yard.  How I would enjoy my early morning coffee, sitting outside in a screened in something.  Screened in because I hate bugs that fly!

On our way home, Jeff stopped at WalMart to get some food essentials.  I have all the ingredients to make a berry yogurty (made up word) pie.  It's so refreshing on a hot day.

When we got home, I went straight upstairs, for a shower and then off to bed.  Slept like a log, as did the girls!

Today, we're going to have my head examined (always fun), and then to take Jeff's car back to the dealer, because the top isn't working again.  It is really hot outside, so having the top up is probably a pretty good idea, but that should be our option.

Stay cool.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...