Thursday, June 7, 2018

Driving Again

6/7/2018

It's been three weeks since my first eye surgery.  Jeff and I are going back to see the doctor for my last check-up.  We'll then schedule surgery for my right eye.  I couldn't be happier with the results on my left eye.  I haven't worn my glasses since the surgery - yahoo.  

Yesterday, Jeff's car needed to go the dealer.  The top on his car won't go down.  This is definitely a bummer, since we're clearly at the peak of driving with the top down.  Downfall of riding with the top down - messy hair.  Jeff who has no hair on his head, doesn't have this particular problem.  The obvious solution to my problem, is a comb.

The significance of taking his car in for service, was that I was driving for the first time since my eye surgery.  I do, when driving, wear my sunglasses.  And, my only problem driving yesterday, was that there was a lot of fools in front of me, who weren't going fast enough for my liking.  My car, has a big engine, and for all the years we have owned this car, CUZILU (my license plate) wants to get out there and run.  Neither Jeff or myself have ever gotten a ticket, but that may just be dumb luck on our part.  We should have that kind of luck when playing the lottery!

While we were gone, and it was fort a short time, we left the girls the run of the house.  The only thing that was disturbed by Bella, was she took her service dog vest to the basement.  And, she took both micro-beaded pillows from our chairs.  She didn't destroy them.  This is a very good thing, because who wants to vacuum up hundreds of little beads.  For sure, I don't want to.

Today, we'll "Bella" the house.  A gate at the bottom of the stairs and my office and bathroom door will be closed.  Oh, and those pillows?  They'll be out of reach.  Now, that we have left Bella alone in the house, we feel we can do this, just need to avoid "triggers"!

Gotta run.  I need to be dressed and ready to go when Jeff comes downstairs to take me to the doctor.

Good news: it's sunny outside.  Yipee.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...