Sunday, June 17, 2018

Happy Father's Day

6/17/2018

One of my followers has asked for the pistachio dessert, so I'm listing it below.  Trust me, this is a favorite with all the Bassett Men!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pistachio Dessert

Crust:

1 c flour
1/3 c butter
2 teas. sugar
¼ c chopped nuts

Mix and put in 8x11 pan and cook at 375 for 15-18 minutes. Cool. While baking, soften 8 oz. package of cream cheese.  Beat in 2/3 c powdered sugar and fold in ½ of a 9 oz. carton of cool whip. Spread this over the cooled crust.

Pudding:

Mix: 2 (small) packages of instant pistachio pudding with 3 c milk.  Spread this over the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining cool whip.  Sprinkle with chopped nuts
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, Jeff and I are going to be double blessed, because Scott and Wendy are going to join us at Andrew's house for dinner.  And, yes I made the pistachio dessert. 

Yesterday, I received three CD's from Hopkins, that I'm going to give to the doctor in July.  Because I'm me, and heaven help me if there's another out there like me, I took one of the CD's and found an open slot (not where it should go) and stuck it in.  This was bad, very bad, and will now involve Jeff having to take my computer tower apart to retrieve that CD.  By the things that I do, and trying to be helpful to Jeff, I just make things worse!  I am, my own worst enemy, and really wish that I had a better grasp on things.

I didn't buy Jeff anything for Father's Day, because as he likes to tell on Mother's Day, that we are not each other's parent.  Makes sense.  But, if everybody felt that way, then Hallmark and other card makers, would not be happy.  Best time to buy these kinds of cards is either today or tomorrow.  You could store these cards away for use next year.  Or, you could put the cards away and forget you even have them!

Before going out to Andrew's house, I have fully loaded my Kindle with books, a lot of books. I'll also take along one of my VERY LARGE word find books.

It's going to be hot today, but I could and probably will, sit out on the deck at least for a few minutes.

When we're at Andrew's house, there is a laundry list of things that need doing.  Jeff, I think, enjoys tackling a project. I, will enjoy spending time with Benjamin, Andrew, Scott, Wendy and Stacey, in no particular order! Oh, last but not least, Jeff.

I'm looking forward to having time to talk "girl talk" with Stacey and Wendy, which will be very enjoyable.  We're taking the dogs, and they can run around, until they become (a) tired, or (b) too hot, or a combination of both!

Yesterday, Jeff needed the OX (our big truck), and so today it's sitting in the driveway.  I have to say, it looks good out there.  The Ox moves around between all of us, depending on who needs to haul or take something to the dump.

Happy Father's Day to all of you men out there.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...