Saturday, June 2, 2018

Apologies

6/2/2018

Apologies for yesterday.  I try not not to miss a day, but every now and then I do.  I don't like to whine and carry on, but that's what I'm doing today.

I have somehow injured my left hip, in a big way.  I am waiting for a second opinion from another orthopedic surgeon, to see if he agrees with the diagnosis of a new hip.  Gosh, on some level, I hope he does!

Lazy Saturday at the homestead.  I've been recording the old television show "Boston Legal".  Jeff and I enjoyed the series when it was first aired.  And now we're enjoying it all over again, ah the beauty of an old brain!

It's not raining here at the moment, and I think for the month of May, we had way too much rain.  Roads have collapsed, flooding has occurred, and two, I believe, people have lost their lives.  Plus side, of course, is that our lawn is really, really green.  Some of the green is actual grass, while other parts are just nasty weeds.  Since I really can't do yard work, I'll leave the weeds alone, unless they are sprouting dandelions.  I mean, you have to draw the line somewhere. If you let one dandelion in, then you're basically saying it's a free for all in or on the lawn.  

I go back next week for my last post-op appointment on my left eye.  Then, we'll schedule surgery on the right eye.  And, then, if everything goes the way it should, I'll actually be able to see again.  Oh, I'll still need glasses I'm sure, but not the "coke bottle" kind.  Who knows, if my prescription for glasses, isn't as complicated as it is today, perhaps I can afford to get new frames more often, even purple ones!  (Just checking on Jeff's blood pressure), since he doesn't like the color purple.  Which is a shame, because I do, and always have.

Speaking of rain, the sky is now turning gray, so I guess a downpour is headed our way.  That certainly rules out a road trip to anywhere with the top down.  Bummer.  Um, I waited five minutes, and sure enough, it's starting to rain.

For now, I'm going to grab my walker, and "walk" myself back to the den.  Talk about feeling useless.

Enjoy what's left of your day.

P




 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...