Sunday, November 18, 2018

Going to the Show!

11/18/2018

We did it. It's Sunday, not a particularly lovely day outside, but not really cold. Our local weatherman loves snow, and he's always a bit disappointed when snow is not in the forecast. As somebody who no longer has to call in to see if there is a delay and/or closing at work, I'm glad that I don't have to do that anymore. Course as discussed before, there's not a lot of money in retirement, which is definitely a bummer!

This evening, Jeff and I are going to a local theater to watch Benjamin's play. He's playing a tree and also a king (if I remember correctly). Since we can't think of any good way to take Bella, she and Daisy will have to stay home, which means in the basement. While we're letting Bella have partial run of the house for a short period of time, we're not sure she's ready to be on the "loose" for several hours.

When I came downstairs this morning, I noticed part of a bell pepper on the floor. Bella had sometime in the night came downstairs to forage, and found the pepper. Apparently, she's not interested in eating a pepper. If we could only find a way to trick her with something that tastes bad,  we "might" end some of her counter surfing! Bella is such a good dog, and is flawless in public, when she's working, and then once she's home, she's on the prowl. 

Sometime during the night, I did something while sleeping, possibly jerking, and this morning boy oh boy, I'm in a lot of pain in the left arm. I see the "bone" doctor tomorrow and he may or may not be pleased with my progress or lack thereof. Once I'm showered and dressed, I think it's time for Jeff to put my sling on for the day.

I have been using a rather small purse, in my favorite color - red. Actually, red isn't my favorite, favorite color - purple (all shades) is. Today, I think I will go upstairs and get "big red". Big red is my Coach bag, which is quite heavy even before you put stuff inside, but I need the extra room! I know, I could "cull" out what I carry in my purse, but what's the fun in that?

Got up early, ate my breakfast, and watched a Hallmark movie. A really good way to start the day I promise you. Hallmark movies may you feel all gushy inside, and helps with your romantic side. Even their commercials are worth watching. I believe that nobody does holidays as well as Hallmark. Of course, if you're shopping for cards, etc., those Hallmark products aren't cheap. Since we send out so few cards now, I buy nice ones, but their not Hallmark cards for sure. It's the thought that counts, right?

Jeff brought home yesterday, a pecan pie, which can be pronounced two ways. Me, personally, I'm a puh-kahn person. Which one are you? 

 
 

That's all the news from the Bassett household.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...