Thursday, November 22, 2018

Gooble, Gooble

11/22/2018

First holiday for the season. And, this particular day is all about family, great food and family. Oh, also elastic waist pants!  Just saying.

Jeff, myself and the girls are heading out to Andrew's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Scott, Wendy and Elly will be there as well. The "heavy lifting" of dinner is in Wendy's very capable hands.

I have bought a little Thanksgiving present for Wendy, Stacey, Benjamin and Elly. I've written a checklist on the backdoor so that we don't forget to bring the necessary ingredients, etc., for dinner.

I have a confession to make: for 40+ years, all holiday meals were held at our house. I was and still am the matriarch of the family. But, the planning, food to eat., etc. has now been passed onto Stacey and Wendy. Both women are more than capable of handling holiday meals, but on some level (perhaps my ego), it's hard to let go. On one hand, I'm actually glad that I don't have to have the house "ready" for the family, nor do Jeff and I have to do all of the meal preparation. But, on the other hand, somehow I feel old and out of the loop. I hope that makes sense. It makes sense to me. My mother never talked about her emotions, so I don't know if it bothered her when the family didn't come to her house for special meals. Or was she relieved? 

I have bought a little something for Wendy, Stacey and the kids for them to open up today. I ordered flowers to Stacey's dining room table. She posted a picture of the flowers on Facebook, and they are beautiful.

So, the only stress I should have for today, is trying to stay out of everyone's way. Jeff is going to peel the potatoes, and we're bringing our big stock pan to cook said potatoes in. Carrot Pineapple Salad, cranberries and Pecan pie will be out contribution to the meal. Oh, and Jeff will make gravy, and everyone loves it.

If, I'm super altogether, I should and/or will bring some plastic containers so we can bring home some of the "overs"!!

It was only 28 degrees when I go up this morning. While eating my breakfast, I turned the fire on (gotta love gas logs) and settled in to watch a Hallmark movie. Hallmark movies can be a "tad" smoochy (I actually don't think that's the right word). There is always some kind of small dilemma, the endings are always predictable, but I love them just the same!

See you tomorrow.

P


Image result for picture of turkey
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...