Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Not a Crummy Day!

11/7/2018

After the horrific (in my mind anyway) weather yesterday, today we have blue skies, and little or no wind. This kind of weather I could get used to.

Last night, Stacey and Benjamin came to the house to help me "ready" my spare bathroom and bedroom. Jeff's half-brother is coming tomorrow, and with the exception of Benjamin, nobody sleeps in that bedroom. 

And, let's just say that the spare bathroom hasn't been used in a very long time. Stacey picked up the "treasures" (not really) from off the floors, and cleaned up the bathroom, which already looks 100 times better!

I think - no scratch that - I know that once David leaves, I should work hardier to keep these two rooms habitable. Just saying.

When Ada comes today, she can do a deep cleaning of both rooms. I've washed all the bedding, and will put out fresh towels. You see, I do try to be a good hostess.

While Benjamin was here, he took the Amazon toy guide, and marked up the pages with things that he wants. Unfortunately, He appears to have moved on from Legos. This is a shame because when Toys-R-Us was going out of business, I was able to buy more than a several Lego kits. Apparently, he has moved on to Minecraft. I guess I'll have to change horses mid-stream now. As for the boxes of Legos, I can either keep them for the next generation, sell them, or keep them for Benjamin to play with here.

Decisions, decisions, decisions. It's a really good thing that I start and generally finish my Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving! Of course, as soon as said gifts arrive, I have to fight off my tendency to want to give the gifts immediately!

I hope the sun is out wherever you are.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...